Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Baby Won't Go Down!

Baby Won't Go Down!

Sometimes all we can do is sit there and hold them.

My little girl has days where she just won't stay asleep if I let her out of my arms. So to make use of the time I figured out that I can fold laundry (especially bath towels, dish towels, sheets, T-shirts, and jeans because I don't care if they aren't perfect) with baby on my lap and sometimes with baby latched on and nursing!

How I do it is: I start by putting a pile of clean clothes on one side of the couch and I sit in the middle. The other side is clear, maybe with a couch pillow still there. Then I sit cross legged on the couch with baby's head propped on my thigh, maybe with something tucked beside her head so it stays in good position. I nurse or let her sleep while I plug away at folding items. Sometimes one arm will be behind her neck so I have full use of one arm and limited use of the one behind her and I make it work that way too.


Get creative! I've even folded totals while nursing laying down!

No comments:

Post a Comment