About Me, The Hesitant Homemaker
Beginning a blog to inform
readers about the situations encountered by a wife, mother, and working
homemaker took some thought and planning. I asked my husband his thoughts and
for his permission. I spoke with a fellow blogger about how she got started. I
brainstormed to get some ideas for content. Then I read a blog about
blogging. And I prayed. I asked God to help me be productive, responsible, and
insightful with my blog activity so that I may provide useful instruction and
edification to any readers, hoping eventually to reach a broad audience and
impact lives.
I am a 27 year old wife for 16 months and mother to a 3 month, two
week old little girl. I work part time as a home health nurse. The rest of the
time I am a homemaker. It is our plan for me to home school our daughter (and
any other kids we may have.) Our desire for the future is for me to stay home
full time raising and educating our children after my husband completes a
Master's of Divinity degree program. We like to use home remedies for simple
maladies and we feel there is a place for conventional approaches. In this blog
I'd like to talk about each of these areas as well as some others (e.g. housekeeping, cloth diapering, sewing, cooking). My husband
will be featured on some topics too.
I have over tens years of struggling to get organized and develop a routine and a whole lot of introspective study that you might be able to relate to. And I've learned a lot about parenting not only from my own short time as a parent and preparing to be one but from the vast wealth of knowledge my friends who are moms of many (I mean moms of 4,6, 9, and 10 children!) have shared with me! My experience as a wife, though brief compared to others, has not been limited but my best advice there comes from a scriptural foundation.
My wee family's life is pretty ordinary and some would say I'm too young or inexperienced to have anything of value to say. I hope to grow in my own knowledge through this process but I'd like to convince you that I do have something worth sharing even now. I hope you'll stick with me to find out.
No comments:
Post a Comment